Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer on a 6 month contract based in Stafford.
This Role is inside IR35 – Tuesday /Thursday in the office, remote working for the rest of the week.
The successful candidate will support the civil team with tenders, project support and specifically a FEED study for a large wind farm. Working with a D&B contractor and the team to develop the design to meet the clients requirements, develop a civil estimate, review suppliers documents and verify the design.
Responsibilities of the Civil Engineer:
- To ensure that all Civil Engineering aspects of allocated tenders and contracts are executed to minimise risk and achieve the required quality and maintain the programme.
- Evaluate tender documents & determine the civil engineering scope of works.
- Obtain guidance from the geotechnical engineer on contamination, groundwater & most suitable foundation solution.
- Prepare outline civil designs based on the electrical layout & other civil requirements not necessarily shown on the electrical layout but required for the project.
- Review & Comment on Civil drawings, calculations and documentation produced by the Civil Design Consultant.
Requirements of the Civil Engineer:
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent
- minimum of 5 years of experience
- English language
- General Civil Engineering experience
- substation works would be beneficial