Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for Commissioning Engineer on a 4 month contract based in East Lothian
You will be working a rotation of 12 days on, 2 off, the position will be Inside IR35
Responsibilities of the Commissioning Engineer
- Energisation of key components in stages (HV transformers, HV valves, AC filters),
- Open Circuit & open line tests of the converter – Deblocking (turning on) converter valves against an open circuit to generate high dc voltage but without power transfer, Low Power transfer tests
- deblocking the converters at both ends of the HVDC scheme (both LCC and VSC) and controlling power flow (up to 25% in stages),
- Exercising the control features of the HVDC scheme under low power transfer conditions and verifying behaviour. (May include control of power , control of voltage, switching of AC filters, changeover of redundant control lanes, failure of telecoms, manual tap changer control etc),
- Exercising the control features of the HVDC scheme up to full power transfer conditions and verifying behaviour. (May include control of power , control of voltage, reactive power control, switching of AC filters, changeover of redundant control lanes, failure of telecoms, Power Demand Override control (emergency power regulation) etc).
- Ensuring that the above tests are conducted in accordance with the test procedure agreed and documented.
- In the event of problems forcing changes to the test procedures the STS shall ensure that the changes are satisfactory and manage the interest with regard to test completion and equipment integrity, Responsibility for HV switching and power control is a joint responsibility with the customer’s representative at site
- The STS shall look after the client’s interests – both with regard to technical issues, integrity of the equipment and test progress.
- Site Commissioning Manager may help regarding any interfaces with customer, Reviewing the station/converter behaviour (interaction with the AC network) to ensure that the performance is satisfactory and that any unpredicted behaviour is documented and evaluated before tests proceed.
- This requires that events are initially evaluated at site and resolved but that if deemed beyond the scope of the site team then they are referred to PES Stafford for evaluation before proceeding.
- Ensuring that the test results are captured and logged correctly and that the test reports are kept up to date, stored and submitted to PES and Customer every day, Issuing a daily report & daily flyer to PES at the end of each day of testing, Updating and reviewing the test schedule on a daily and weekly basis with customer at site to allow power scheduling to be managed by customer.