Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager on a 6-month ongoing contract based in Renfrew.
This position falls INSIDE IR35
The successful candidate will manage Civil Engineering Packages and Contractors as defined within your scope. You must have extensive Civils and Earthworks experience and be well versed in Front End Engineering and Scope Development as well as Site Construction Management and Execution. Experienced in assessing tenders, dealing with contractors and external customers and in the administration of standard form contracts such as NEC3/4 and JCT suites. You’ll need experience in early works and interaction with design engineering and constructability.
Responsibilities of the Construction Manager: –
- Direct and manage all civil construction management and construction engineering aspects of a project scope. Work with the Engineering, Project and Construction Functions and assist in, defining work breakdown scope, program and documentation to complete defined objectives.
- To manage the preparation of project deliverables against project program and provide regular feedback to management and teams.
- Assisted in the preparation of execution plans for all civil construction activities in accordance with procedures and the customer’s requirements.
- Lead & Optimise
- Lead and optimize the construction activities including the interface with design and engineering teams, to help define scope, program and change control.
- Initiate audit and review of construction activities and site activities to ensure compliance with specification, schedule and legal obligations.
- When required recruit and build a disciplined team from the nominated resources to successfully execute the project in all CSA construction aspects.
- Establish financial status and manage change control, taking actions to mitigate liability for overrun, variations or third-party claims.
Requirements of the Construction Manager: –
- HNC/D in Civil Engineering or associated Discipline.
- Accredited CSCS (Black or Silver Card).
- Civil Engineering Technician or Similar.
- Civil Construction Operations or Project Management Role
- Subcontract Package Management
- IT Skills, Planning and Project Management
- Budget Control.
- Minimum 7 years involvement in Civil Construction Operations Management.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered Civil Engineer. ICE Professional Registration.
- Civil Project or Package Manager on Projects with CV of >5 million.
- Experienced Manager of Civil Contracts and Sub Contractors in Civil Construction sector.
- Experienced in Earthworks, Piling and RC works in a project environment.