Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Document controller – Intermediate Level on a 6-month ongoing contract based in Stafford.
This Role is inside IR35
The Document Controller will work with the Lead Document Controller in region to perform HVDC PDG documentation tasks, including document management, O&M manuals, quality management, process improvement and tools. The Document Controller carries out standard operational and technical tasks that are usually subject to instructions and workflows. The Document Controller is linked to the Document Control Team Leader regarding workload planning and may work for several projects, if necessary.
Responsibilities of the Document controller – Intermediate Level:-
- Ensures the daily documentation workflows between the involved parties as needed by using the dedicated Document Management Systems (Windchill Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) System)
- Compiling information to produce O&M Manuals, technical writing, and editing technical documents.
- Supports the engineering team for specific tasks, such as MDL updates, progress reports, dedicated checks of issues.
- Knowledge of how the work of the document control team integrates with other project teams and contributes to the project
- Will work according the overall and project related document quality checklists, compliant to company and project quality procedures & accurate quality records
- Execute with zero accident and without damage to the environment
Requirements of the Document controller – Intermediate Level:-
- We’re looking for O&M writing experience with engineering background
- This role requires basic experience in documentation handling and related software systems.
- Writing technical documents.
- General knowledge of engineering technical terms and understanding of engineering processes
- Proficiency in the following software:
- Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel)
- CAD/AUTOCAD (basic level)
- Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar
- Quality oriented, Structured and organized, attention to detail, time management skills
- good communication skills will be a plus
- Awareness of Visual Basic
- MACRO creation / modification
- Ability to grasp complex processes and structures