Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a EHS Specialist on a 6-month contract based in Stafford.
This position falls inside IR35 – must of Achieved a NEBOSH degree or equivalent.
This role is a combined role to support OTR (execution at site) and mainly ITO Tendering , the combination will depend on the dynamic of the tendering pipeline and to maintain the link with the operations.
The client is dedicated to providing solutions from civil to end commissioning of Grid network technologies for customers on turnkey scopes with or without a partner.
On the EHS ITO (tendering) aspect:
This role is part of the regional core team and will supports sales and Commercial operations for part of the time.
Provide Risk Management type input into the commercial process to identify and mitigate commercial and execution risks related to H&S and Environmental aspects.
Function’s mission is to ensure prompt and specialist advice to commercial team on Customer EHS requirements, local regulations, feasibility of EHS contractual commitment, execution budget and safety countermeasures. the role is in close relations with the Business’ tendering team, Risk/Contract management, legal department, security team and medical department.
On the OTR (execution) aspect:
Responsibilities are to manage projects for the regions, meaning to: prepare, drive, manage resources and audits projects for the regions. The role will work closely with the Regional Execution and EHS OTR Regional teams.
The job could involve occasional travel.
Responsibilities of the EHS Specialist:
- Front line with Commercial Operations and sales
- Key actor in the EHS ITO Process inside the business.
- Point of contact for the tendering for the EHS matter.
- Contributor in all bid phases, by analysing the Terms & Condition’s and contracts of the company and customers, to identify EHS risks and propose some mitigations language inside the company and customer contracts to ensure compliance.
- Anticipate environmental issues during project or service and propose mitigation language to limit the company’s responsibility and financial impact.
- Analysis of all project and services scopes to identify all risks for the business during the execution of the OTR phase or during the services activities.
- Support commercial and sales teams during negotiation with Customer, address, mitigate and modification of the contract language dynamically.
- Link with the EHS OTR team, during ITO/OTR handover process and collect Feedback during OTR execution to re-inject the lessons learned inside the ITO process.
- Initiate and support the partner qualification process, by the implementation of the deep dive process and propose a plan of mitigation. Support and attend partner reviews and meetings to demonstrate the EHS advantage to customers and prepare the final bids.
- Identify EHS cost during ITO phase for OTR Phase to integrate Cost in the Project and preserve margin.
- EHS approver for all deviations where the company could be Exposed to all EHS risks.
- Drive, prepare and manage small or large projects/Services following process and procedure in place.
- Implement governance for a compliance respect in all projects as required in the region.
- Contribute to develop ITO EHS function inside the GSI business line through improving the workflow, procedures, and program, to decrease risks projects for the business
- Challenging the companies EHS T&C’s, in a way of improvement and alignment with other business
- Benchmarking with major companies, on the EHS ITO process, tool, scope approach.
- Strong capacity to influence others and to develop innovative solutions.
Requirements of the EHS Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related EHS field.
- 5+ years EHS experience, with exposure to several EHS areas in a Projects or Services environment
- Strong knowledge on project management on EPC structure, Turnkey, Civil work activity, construction & commissioning.
- Knowledge on products, as (Grid AC or DC / HVDC , Wind, on /offshore, Hydro, Solar) will help to the success of this role
- Knowledge and experience with EHS requirements in UK, and more specifically the CDM2015 regulations (EHS principles, which impact construction site teams, site works, erection, etc.). Not limited to CW only.