Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician on a 6 month contract based in Lincoln.
This position falls inside IR35
The successful candidate will undertake installation, inspection, commissioning, operation, repair, maintenance and emergency response activities associated with the Terminal.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Technician:-
- Maintain electrical standards, controlling the onshore process and utility systems in a safe and competent manner.
- Experience in maintaining temperature, pressure, vibration, flow, speed and control systems.
- Safeguard fire & gas detection / emergency shutdown protection systems and maintain for maximum reliability and availability.
- Carry out fiscal metering duties and Routine Planned Maintenance activities (RPMs) inline with policies and procedures.
- Safeguard the availability and operating condition so that production targets are achieved.
- Implement the planned maintenance schedule and ensure accurate records are kept.
- Diagnose and rectify faults to ensure maximum equipment readiness.
- Install and commission new equipment.
- Assist other trades and disciplines within limits of experience and capability.
- Perform in an emergency role as defined by the company’s emergency response procedures
- Operate as part of an integrated maintenance team and undertake maintenance in order to minimize production disruptions.
- Ensure stock of ready use spares are maintained and highlight any new items which are required to maintain critical spares stock.
Essential requirements of the Electrical Technician:-
- Post holders will possess proven maintenance and operational knowledge and experience gained within a relevant engineering discipline of Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronics or Control Systems
- Undertaking maintenance, fault diagnosis and rectification work within the Oil & Gas (or other similar Process) Industry within relevant discipline
- Undertaking inspection work on equipment installed in hazardous areas
- Operating, controlling and undertaking work within Safe Systems of Work
- Understanding of relevant discipline and Health & Safety Legislative requirements
- Operation and control of process plant and equipment
- Time served Apprenticeship (or other recognised Training Scheme) in a relevant engineering discipline (Instrumentation, Electronics or Control Systems)
- BTEC National Certificate (or equivalent City & Guilds, NVQ/SVQ Level 3) in relevant engineering discipline
- Valid current driving licence
Compex EX01 – 04 Hazardous Equipment