Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Engineering Project Leader on a 6-month contract based in Stafford.
This Role is inside IR35 – 3 days minimum attendance (Tues / Wed / Thurs) in the Stafford Offices.
The Engineering Project Leader oversees engineering activities of the project, (or on a particular work package of the project in case of Large & Complex projects) considering the quality/Cost/ time delivery criteria.
Plans overall design activities, manages project design budget, implements design change process, supervises and coordinates all engineering activities required to execute the project, whether done in house or by suppliers/subcontractors, and ensures technical coordination of projects. Management of optimized technical solutions (cost effective solution, ease of installation and operation of the systems) in line with Customer expectation are implemented by project engineering team and Partners, and that documentation are delivered as per project general time schedule.
EPL accountable for the proper performance of design in matter of time spent, deadlines, and quality.
Key missions of the Engineering Project Leader for engineering activities under his/her responsibility:
Scope of work & time schedule:
- Responsible for issuing consolidation of provisional drawing list of the project or of his/her work package, integrating submission dates, responsible of relevant co-engineering sessions with other disciplines, main partners or key suppliers if & when appropriate and of work package design reviews.
- Manage global time schedule of concerned engineering activities, check coherency of links between engineering activities and other project functions activities (procurement, construction, commissioning) and organize follow up of critical activities of the project or of his/her discipline.
- Plan and manage delivery time of technical interfaces with his/her work package, put in place exchange interface sheets with partners, customer and third-party contractors.
- Ensure on-time delivery of design to stakeholders with suitable quality including Partner documents and anticipate and mitigate delivery issues of concerned activities.
- Manage time schedule for his/her work package engineering activities in close collaboration with the planner
- Lead & coordinate design teams, manage design workload plan and request resource arbitration.
- Follow the engineering budget and identify potential savings and highlight to Project manager all motivated situation requiring extra budget.
- Manage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data, check consistency
- Support Sourcing and Procurement in the definition of the Supplier’s list according to the project strategy
- Organize and follow transmission of required Supply Requests on time ; coordinate any required updates
- Approve the technical evaluation of offers from suppliers, Support Procurement during commercial negotiation for POs issuance and during post order stage
- Support Procurement during commercial negotiation for POs issuance and during post order stage • Support Procurement in the review of FAT procedure and participate to FAT, as per project FAT plan. and request resources function of project strategy
Project strategy & risk management:
- Manage scope or design changes & prepare related claims and VO to be approved by PED or PM, Inform of design issues throughout execution
- Updates risk assessment related to design & applies mitigation plan when required
- Participate to project risk cession and Manage design issues up to resolution
- Analyse customer technical requirements, prepare and or consolidate clause by clause analysis and ensure compliance to Customer requirements through Technical queries, identify, track, manage potential exception…
- Represents customer interests in the design decisions at PM request, Manage customer comments, Instruct customer technical request or comments
- Request/attend Customer technical meetings when needed/upon request, Validate design throughout customer acceptance
Design Process & Interface:
- Prepare or review technical specifications and supplier’s documents to enable procurement of materials and plant detailed design
- Check effectiveness of design against delivery of contract requirements within project budget and look for global cost optimization in all design phase and mainly during basic design
- Get or give support to ensure compliance to technical “state of the art” and applicable standards & regulations, Approve internal, external own discipline documents before transmittal
- Prepare engineering subcontracting files (Scope, Deliverables, Inputs, Schedule) Support to design subcontract preparation
- Provide technical assistance upon request, Support OMM execution. Involve Construction Team on Design review to Perform constructability analysis
- Support site organization during site preparation and throughout construction and commissioning stage, when required
- Deploy Engineering tools associated to his/her work package (CAD, PDM/DMS,) as per strategy
- Integrate EHS requirements based on project Strategy, and deploy HAZID (Hazard identification) sessions at different project phases
- Implement KPIs defined on engineering process and provide support to elaborate project reporting
- Define with Engineering management or PED the Project Design review plan, Conduct design reviews following Engineering management instruction.
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes defined at Unit, project level, and in EMH, Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate EHS leadership in design and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented within the team