Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting Lead Piping Engineer on a 6 month contract based in Renfrew.
This position falls INSIDE IR35
The Lead Piping Engineer is responsible for technical delivery, change control and schedule control of projects (Net Zero / Renewables) they are working on. The Lead Piping Engineer is responsible for mentoring and development of less experienced technical personnel within their function. Responsibility also includes checking and verification of piping and mechanical engineers’ work. The Lead Piping Engineer may be required to lead a team of engineers to deliver a project. The Lead Piping Engineer assigned to a Project shall ensure engineering output is delivered in accordance with Engineering functional requirements, Project requirements and meeting Corporate QHSE Management Systems and Policies. The Lead Piping Engineer shall liaise with Head of Mechanical to review resourcing and competency / development planning.
Responsibilities of the Lead Piping Engineer:
- Execution: Verifies and approves technical documents related to Business Operating Procedures (BOPs)/ Work Instructions (WIs) and provides technical leadership on projects, ensuring codes and standards are being used effectively and less experienced Engineers are supervised. Develop work scopes in response to customer needs and prepare man-hour estimates/ schedules/ MPP for small and medium project proposals which will enhance company turnover and profitability (margin).
- Governance: Modify and write BOPs as well as carrying out discipline audits and benchmark best practice to ensure continued compliance and provide extensive support to the Section Manager for competence assurance.
- Innovation: Drive innovative technology solutions and contribute to company-wide best practice in order to identify continuous improvement opportunities and establish work practices.
- Communication: Utilise an extensive internal and external (client) relationship network of key stakeholders (DHI, product Management) and provide an expert technical support with innovative and differentiating solutions in order to influence customer decision making.
- People Development: Take accountability for their own personal Professional Development Record as part of Altrad Babcock’s talent management ethos. Provide technical and functional leadership, taking a supervisory role with less experienced members of staff in order to develop technical skills and behavioural competencies which will foster the next level of talent within the organisation.
Requirements of the Lead Piping Engineer:
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent experience
- considerable experience as a Piping Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of International standards and design codes
- Experience of self-managing planning and scheduling of workload
- Leading a technical team of engineers and draughtspersons
- Reporting progress to line manager and Project Manager
- Experience as a checker and verifier of technical documents and calculations
- Experience of technical bid evaluation and vendor liaison
- Experience of technical document, specification and calculation originating.