Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting Senior Piping Designer on a 6 month contract based in Renfrew.
This position falls INSIDE IR35
The Senior Piping Designer will be aiding our client to provide engineering solutions from new build projects to upgrades, retrofits and specialist professional services to the energy, industrial and petrochemical sectors.
The Senior Piping Designer will be working across a portfolio of projects within the Net Zero / Renewables division.
Responsibilities of the Senior Piping Designer:
- Technical delivery, change control and schedule control of projects they are working on.
- Mentoring and development of less experienced technical personnel within their function, this also includes checking and verification of piping and mechanical engineers’ work.
- May be required to lead a team of engineers to deliver a project.
- Liaise with Head of Mechanical to review resourcing and competency / development planning.
Requirements of the Senior Piping Designer:
- At least 10 years of experience in Piping Design in a related industry
- Must have experience with relevant software: e.g. Autocad 2020, PDMS/E3D,
- Experience in both Brownfield and Greenfield projects, covering FEED and EPC work.
- Knowledge and proven in-depth understanding of Engineering delivery methods, techniques and tools.
- Strong ability to mentor and be able to make technically critical decisions as well as support the team to meet business needs.