Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Senior Proposals Manager on a 9-month contract based in Stafford – 50/50 office/remote.
Experience in Turnkey substations is needed
The Senior Proposals Manager is accountable to deliver large and complex bids, with specific focus on competitivity and technical acceptability, delivering quality bids on-time to customers. He/she would be based in UK and would reports to the ACS Tendering Leader for UK/Nordics.
This role falls Inside IR35
Responsibilities of the Senior Proposals Manager: –
- Leads the tender team including all functions involved in the bid team and ensures coordination between all roles involved for timely preparation of good quality Technical Offers, BOQ, associated costing and Execution Plan, in line with the defined strategy.
- Ensures early establishment of target costing based on target-winning price and Operating Plan margin, with proper benchmarking and challenge of costs. Defines and leads plan to reach this target cost while ensuring executability during OTR stage.
- Is part of the team responsible for formulation of winning strategy for each bid, taking in account the input from the Account Managers, according to Commercial Action Plan,
- Leads identification of bid model and possible suppliers/ subcontractors/ partners for each bid in consultation with Accounts Team and liaise with them for value proposition.
- Support Sales team in identification of suitable Consortium partner, with Division of responsibility, depending upon the model of the bid.
- Is a solution maker delivering competitive offers, in line with the defined pricing strategy, while ensuring at the same time that project if awarded will be executable without time nor cost slippage.
- Explores alternatives (technical solutions, sourcing, innovative content …) allowing to differentiate our proposal, and defends these alternatives in front of the customer together with the Sales Team.
- Is accountable for the vetting of the Compliance with the ACS RfQ, with the Customer T&C and Technical specification, and with GS offer to the Customer of the Commercial & Technical offers from participating product PL’s. Gets, aligns and supports optimization and competitiveness of the technical offers and costing from GS supplying entities.
- Ensures Operational & Technical risks and Opportunities are properly identified, registered and mitigated with the support of Grid Solution experts.
- Is geared up using tools used ITO team, to deliver bids, as per policy.
- Together with Sourcing and Supplying entities, optimizes project Cash Out.
- Supports the Sales Team along the elaboration of the offer and implementation of the win strategy for the deals from the Go/No-Go process (R0) to the Bid Approval process and the final submission,
- Proactively supports the Sales Team to understand Customer needs and leads all roles involved in the bid preparation to answer to Customer needs.
- Supports the Sales Team clarifying and negotiating with the Customer the Technical Offer and the proposed Execution Plan.
- Leads win / loss analysis for key deals for continuous improvements of our solutions/ customer approach.
- Hands-over won deals to OTR, with support from Sales Mgr and ComOps
- Complies with the Policy 5.0., with the Project Tender process, with EHS rules and all other work instructions and processes applicable to the establishment of ACS proposals.
Requirements of the Senior Proposals Manager: –
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Min 8 years of experience in a Project business, with proven leadership skills. Experience in Grid Solutions and Turnkey is preferred.
- Must have worked on major complex bids as Proposal Manager or complex projects, as Project Manager.
- Willingness to travel 40% plus.
- Expertise required in tender management, operations, customer relationships, team management and development
- Strong knowledge of the Grid Solutions business & products and of EPC turnkey
- Operational rigor
- Ability to work in international and matrix organizations.
- English mandatoryOur Company