Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a SHE Advisor on a 12-month contract based in South London.
This position falls inside IR35
As a SHE Advisor you will provide support across the London Power Tunnel project to ensure our contractors meet their statutory requirements. Role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks whilst creating, maintaining, and improving the health, safety, and environmental standards. You will champion SHE initiatives on site whilst ensuring that legislation is adhered to.
Responsibilities of the SHE Advisor:-
- Work with our principal contractors and sub-contractors to continually raise standard and performance on site.
- Review local working practices and provide feedback to PC’s and delivery team to influence and support project continued improvement in SHE performance.
- Undertake inspections/audits to ensure consistent application of principal contractor standards, business procedures and legislative requirements.
- Monitor site activities and compliance with its own management systems.
- Carry out sensible monitoring on site and work with existing project supervisors to ensure that sensible monitoring is being done to the right standard.
- Promote the value of occupational health and mental health at a site level.
- Support the SHEQ Manager with the communication and roll out of campaigns and new initiatives i.e., stand up for safety.
- Provide advice and support on specialist areas e.g., plant and vehicle interface, safety from the system, environmental management etc.
- Review HSE and incident statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Support the enterprise team with accident/incident investigations and timely communication of the findings.
- Work with client team to raise standards and contribute to the development of an Injury free environment.
Requirements of the SHE Advisor:-
- Previous experience in a construction project Health & Safety Advisors role
- NEBOSH Construction / General Certificate
- Experience of working on major construction sites i.e. infrastructure projects, substation or overhead line builds for transmission or distribution asset owners.
- IEMA Certificate
- Tunnelling Safety Training Scheme (TSTS)
- Experience working in a SHE role on tunnelling projects
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Clear understanding and experience of behavioural based safety programs and cultural development.