Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Site Based Project Manager on a 18-month contract based in Glasgow.
This role falls Outside of IR35
The Site-based Project Manager will be based at the BESS project site on behalf of the Company. The role is based at a location North of Glasgow. All elements below include both grid connection and Private/Balance of Plant Projects and range from LV through to 132kV. The Site-based Project Manager is the “Project Owner” at site, the person who takes overall responsibility for the project at site, reporting to the senior project manager for the project.
Responsibilities of the Site Based Project Manager: –
- Be well-versed in all construction methodologies and have the ability to co-ordinate teams of various disciplines to achieve the best results.
- Minimising Civils / M&E construction expenditure within the project.
- Assist in the development and improvement of the company Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental assurance system and policies from a Civils / M&E Construction perspective.
- Having completed the previous point, determine and define the scope of work and project deliverables.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the BESS execution contract under your day to day management.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager/Senior Project Manager with resultant assistance with reporting to the Projects Director with the financial management of projects under your management relating to construction activities.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager/Senior Project Manager and Projects Director with Customer and subcontractor contract management.
- Maintain understanding and adherence of the subcontractor delivery to the Design and liaise with the Senior Project Manager / Engineering team on the Project where relevant.
- The management of the project programme from a construction perspective.
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager, to deliver the projects to programme, and in line with the contract requirements.
- Ensure updated programme changes are issued as part of the contract specific reporting requirements via the Project Planner.
- Ensure that the project division of responsibilities is fully complete and regularly updated and you understand your responsibilities under the division of responsibilities document.
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to implement a project specific master deliverables schedule.
- Work with the compliance manager to complete a full project specific Inspection and test plan from a Civils and M&E construction perspective (including input rom key subcontractors) and ensure that these are completed through the site teams.
- Work with the compliance manager to complete a full project specific quality assurance plan from a M&E construction perspective and ensure that these are completed through the site teams
- Work with the wider project team to ensure all contract requirements relating to discharge of planning conditions is completed in the correct order and timescale.
- Work with various clients and stakeholders to ensure the projects are delivered successfully.
- Attend meetings with clients and other relevant stakeholders as required to successfully deliver the project.
- Issue weekly summary progress updates to the Senior PM for summary updates to be issued to the Project Director.
- Organise the logistics of all equipment and material deliveries, co-ordinate and plan work and monitor overall progress.
- Ensure works are carried out in line with current Building Regulations and good practice.
- Manage Site Managers from a Civils / M&E construction perspective.
- Management of the project risk register and issue log. Further details to follow in respect to this.
Requirements of the Site Based Project Manager: –
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Civils / Electrical Project Manager for BESS projects ideally OR
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an Civils / Electrical Project Manager in a Transmission and Distribution industry OR
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within the HV industry as a Site Manager or other similar roles.
- Proven experience working and interfacing with the DNO’s on projects.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as strong management skills
- Good track record of project completion.
- Strong understanding of budget and cashflow management