Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Site EPC Planner (HV Substation) on a 6-month ongoing contract based near Edinburgh (4 days on site, 1 day remote).
This job will be Outside IR35.
The Site EPC Planner will be responsible for supporting the build of HV On-shore Substation on the Inch Cape Windfarm project from Engineering phase through to completion. (Must have extensive HV substation experience to be considered).
Responsibilities of the Site EPC Planner:
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Attend project start-up meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
- In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
- Maintain liaison with Management regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
- Make presentations to Senior Management& Clients as required.
- Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
- Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
- Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
- Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
- Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
Requirements of the Site EPC Planner:
- P6 Experience
- Civil Site works experience,
- Over 5 years experience in a similar role,
- Good communication,
- Experience of working within an integrated planning environment.