Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Site Manager (Civils and M&E) on a 18-month contract based in Glasgow.
This role falls Outside of IR35
The Site Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the civil and M&E scope delivery at the site. The role will involve working as part of a team to achieve delivery of this strategically important project on time whilst adhering to all safety regulations, quality standards and project specifications.
Responsibilities of the Site Manager (Civils and M&E): –
- Develop skills to be able to work independently whilst under the guidance / supervision of the Senior Project Manager.
- Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of High Voltage Power Systems where relevant.
- Apply the company Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental assurance system and policies where relevant and make suggestions to improve and adhere to best practice.
- Organise and maintain the Hunterston site so that work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to employees, other contractors, the public, equipment or materials and in accordance with the requirements of the site’s Construction Phase Plan.
- Update the health and safety file appropriately.
- Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies and procedures to ensure a satisfactory delivery of work.
- Maintain and develop competence level and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards.
- Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures.
- Oversee the delivery of the BESS project from a site perspective.
- Liaise with the client on site where appropriate.
- Manage subcontractors’ performance at site.
- Review contractors RAMS and associated Health and Safety documentation and ensuring that subcontractors are working to company and Lloyds National Electricity Registration Scheme Standards. Ensuring that sub-contractors are working and keeping to the issued Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Work Instructions and Designs
- Order short lead time materials and plant through the accounts department. Liaising with sub-contractors, ensuring that all materials are ordered and on site for when sub-contractors works are programmed in for execution.
- Carry out site audits.
- Organise mobilisation of major projects.
- Deliver scheduled/unscheduled work to time and standard in accordance with company procedure and guidance.
- Maintain awareness of Health & Safety policy and company policies and keep up to date on changes that impact your role.
- Complete and record risk assessments and Daily Diary sheets as instructed by the Site-based Project Manager.
- Take reasonable care of yourself and others who may be affected by your actions.
- Promptly record all accidents and near misses.
Requirements of the Site Manager (Civils and M&E): –
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Civils / Electrical Site Manager for grid connections/renewable energy
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as an Electrical Tradesman for an ICP/DNO.
- Working experience on both private and DNO electricity networks, with both LV and HV experience.
- Safety Passport/CSCS.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook).
- A clean UK driving licence.
- A flexible approach to working hours and travel. The site manager position is naturally site based.