Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Site Planner (HV Substation) on a 6-month ongoing contract based in Norfolk (4 days on site, 1 day remote).
This job will be Outside IR35
Our client is a global engineering firm and have recently won a large substation build project
It is essential that you have previous experience of building a plan for a substation build up to 400kv.
The Site Planner will be responsible for supporting the build of HV On-shore Substation on the EA3 Windfarm project from Civils phase through to completion. (Must have extensive HV substation experience to be considered).
Responsibilities of the Site Planner:
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Attend project start-up meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
- In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
- Maintain liaison with Management regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
- Make presentations to Senior Management& Clients as required.
- Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
- Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
- Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
- Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
- Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
- Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained.