Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Systems / Requirements Engineer on a 12 month contract based in Stafford.
Requirements Management Engineer will work to lead the implementation of a robust and systematic approach to requirements management across within the HVDC Product Care function. The position will work to define and implement the steps needed to ensure a common approach is taken from customer enquiry through to project delivery.
This position falls inside IR35
Responsibilities of the Systems / Requirements Engineer:
- Lead the implementation of a robust and systematic approach to requirements management
- Define and implement the steps needed to ensure a common approach is taken from customer enquiry through to project delivery
- Analysing system requirements and defining functions to be implemented
- Maintain requirements for new and legacy products including updates and improvements to extend product life span.
- Participating in and contributing to design reviews.
Requirements of the Systems / Requirements Engineer:-
- Degree or Higher in Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience of requirements management.
- Advanced/Recent experience in DOOR or equivalent requirements management tools
- Good experience with HDL Coder or System Generator
- Strong all-round knowledge and understanding of systems engineering approach
- Dynamic and proactive with ability to work on own or as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to resolve technical issues.
- Experience of designing control and protection systems for real time control applications.
- Experience of version control, e.g., SVN, GIT
- Experience of development tools including MATLAB
- Bug tracking tools, e.g., JIRA
- Power Electronics control system design.
- Knowledge of HVDC is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated great teammate, self-starter, results oriented.
- Agile development practices e.g., Scrum