Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Technical Architect on a 6 month contract based in Warwick / Hybrid
This Role is inside IR35
The candidate will take ownership for the infrastructure architecture definition and ongoing evolution of a set of infrastructure requirements, hardware and software patterns and solution roadmap, that in-house and outsourced teams must comply with to ensure new and upgraded services can be efficiently built to meet well defined SLA, performance and ROI targets. These requirements must facilitate cost effective service management, allowing for rapid deployment, lowering the risk and cost of change, enabling rapid fault isolation, appropriate volume and regression testing, dynamic hardware and bandwidth provisioning with proactive monitoring.
Responsibilities of the Technical Architect:
- Ownership for establishing the Infrastructure governance model for Optel, private fiber, Telemetry, Tele-Protection, CNI network architecture and service models to ensure the above requirements are complied with and any residual risks are accepted and recorded. To run solution architecture reviews on key programs, influence and collaborate with Engineering and Delivery teams on the development of the system and solutions.
- The development of hardware and software architecture patterns. The socialization of the hardware and software architecture patterns to all Suppliers delivering the services and the Solution Architects that are delivering all services.
- Collaboration with the Solution delivery organizations to build understanding and awareness of operability requirements and to help shape thinking around emerging delivery methodologies to ensure the service design principles are not compromised.
- Responsible for specification, gaining agreement and application of architecture standards.
- Engages with technical design and other Domain Architects, to ensure understanding of solution interoperability of the combined architecture are met.
- Examines evidence and evaluates the quality of project outputs against the agreed acceptance criteria, to ensure correct products are produced, on schedule and fit for purpose.
- Develops own ideas, or the ideas of others, making all the necessary observations and tests and carrying them through to a full practical demonstration, wherever viable and feasible. Where necessary, designs data collection tools and techniques for both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Identifies and responds to the key business drivers and those areas of business need which are not adequately supported by current and planned IT, within the strategic planning time frame. Develops the strategic response to the business requirement and produces business cases for recommended new applications of information and communications technologies.
- Reviews new business proposals and provides specialist advice on information management, including advice on and promotion of collaborative working and assessment and management of information-related risk.
- Evaluates major options for providing OT and IT services effectively and efficiently and recommends solutions. Develops and presents business cases for high-level initiatives to executive management for approval, funding, and prioritization.
- Develops models and plans for the implementation of the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
- Conducts post implementation reviews of information and communications technology applications and products introduced in pursuit of the strategy, to assess the extent to which expected business benefits were realized.
- Ensures that those within reporting line are appropriately developed, motivated, empowered and that they deliver appropriate results.
- In-depth knowledge and working experience in the infrastructure architecture and roadmaps for the technology.
Knowledge & Experience Required:-
- Experience developing solution architectures, platform and technology roadmaps, applying standard architectures and patterns within solution designs.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Has thorough knowledge of fiber technology and transport network infrastructure architecture applied to critical services demanding low latency and high availability.
- Technical knowledge and experience with MPLS-TP, syncE, 1588, photonics, and VSAT
- Tools for Network Performance Monitoring and End to End Service supporting Fiber infrastructure.
- The role is technical in nature. The candidate must be well versed in networking technologies such as IP transport, software defined networking, network routing, OT networking, fiber optic transport systems, telemetry systems, tele-protection systems, LAN network security and segmentation based on roles and policies, service management and automation, monitoring tools and QoS
- Defines the infrastructure architecture technology roadmap from the “as-is state” to the “to-be state”.
- Designs a secure, efficient, and adaptable future state model.
- Defines the high-level migration plan to address the gaps between the “as-is” and future state.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with a high degree of comfort with technical and business audiences.
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify relevant requirements and understand how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context for the application/platform.
- May provide specific subject matter expertise input into the conceptual and technical architectures for large and complex projects.