Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Test Technician on a 12 month contract based in Lisburn.
This role falls Inside IR35
The Test Technician will work as part of the Global Supply Chain Organization. The Test Technician’s main responsibility will be the configuration, test, fault diagnosis and repair of Transformers Monitoring Systems and subassemblies. The Test Technician will work in a Manufacturing Engineering environment based on Lean principles, product quality and delivery to the relevant standards, and will be required to cross-train facilitating flexible work practices.
Responsibilities of the Test Technician: –
- Configure, test and diagnose of Transformers Monitoring Systems and subassemblies.
- Determine and develop efficient test method based on engineering drawings and component datasheets.
- Preparing and setting up equipment and test samples for testing.
- Conducting various tests according to established procedures, such as stress tests, durability tests, and environmental tests.
- Collecting and recording test data accurately and efficiently.
- Analysing test results and providing feedback to engineers or other team members.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with testing equipment and processes.
- Maintaining and calibrating testing equipment and tools to ensure accurate and consistent results.
- Following safety protocols and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Writing and updating test reports and documentation.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts to enhance procedures and processes.
Requirements of the Test Technician: –
- Hold a minimum of a HND or equivalent qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Experience and ability to test, diagnose, fault find, root cause analyse and repair a broad range of electrical / electronic systems.
- Ability to generate test and diagnostic procedures
- Relevant experience in Electrical / Electronic equipment maintenance, mechanical assemblies, Quality Control.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues.
- Familiar with various industry standard protocols, RS232/485, I2C, MODBUS, IEC61850 etc..
- Experience programming in Labview
- Provide technical support, training and guidance to Test operators.
- Well organised, reliable, accurate with a high attention to detail
- Problem solving skills, showing initiative and creative thinking
- Able to work flexible hours as demand requires