Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Project Buyer on a 12-month contract based in Stafford.
This position falls inside IR35
Responsibilities of the Project Buyer:
- Owning Quality, costs (as per sourcing contract) and on time delivery of the material and services for the Project.
- Co-owning the Engineering Procurement Plan (EPP) for the scope, where applicable
- Work with cross functional teams like Engineering, Sourcing to ensure the on-time delivery of documents (drawings, quotations, etc.) required to be obtained from suppliers
- Ensure timely issuance of the purchase orders.
- Owning the budget related per the Sourcing scope, maintain and monitor the budget
- Periodic progress monitoring and reporting to sourcing management and to SPL.
- Support the bundling activities in the project which includes convening periodic meetings of stakeholders.
- Allocation Plan, Turnkey Package Plan, etc.). in the project execution Strategy of Project Director at project start.
- Establishes the procurement schedule where applicable (e.g. MPS for Plant projects).
- Coordinates offsite and on-site procurement activities for the project.
- interface as required in coordination with project director, commodity leaders and supplier quality responsible.
- Coordinate to ensure the on-time issuance of purchase requisitions in the respective system to ensure timely placement of POs
- Follows up timely closure of NCRs (site and Shop) related to suppliers
- Supports Commodity Leaders and Buyers in obtaining technical specifications from engineering on-time.
- Participates in and/ or initiates periodic (preferably weekly) project meetings with the participation of quality, lead engineering, planning, logistics, project engineering manager etc. as applicable, who interface with sourcing at various stages and generates record notes/action list from these meetings and follows up on the actions.
- Regularly reviews the fulfilment by suppliers of all contractual requirements in regard to customs and duties with the support of the concerned function (taxation, expediting, Logistics etc.)
- Oversees claim management with the suppliers in coordination with Commodity leader/Buyer and the project.
- Effectively distributes and communicates relevant project information within the Procurement team.
- Establishes the monthly progress report, cost summary sheet and claim summary sheet.
- Responsible for reporting monthly progress, supplier claims and project cost summary to procurement management and into the project. Regularly updates suppliers cash out & project milestone recognition related to procurement.
- Represents procurement in Project meetings internally and externally, if so required by Project Director.
- Ensures invoices are released in accordance with the process in place.
- Supports compliance with the Quality and EHS rules as applicable to the sourcing function.
- Consolidates experience feedback to the Commodity Leaders.
- Supports the SPL (Sourcing Project leader) in fulfilling the overall project targets and works in alignment. [Depending on the size and complexity of the project the above tasks and responsibility may be adjusted]
Requirements of the Project Buyer:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Vast experience in Sourcing and in a leadership role related to project procurement • Experience as Project Manager / Tender Project Manager / Senior Purchasing Manager or Sales Project Manager.
- Good understanding of legal/contractual aspects of an EPC contract.
- Risk management knowledge. Ability to work efficiently in cross-functional teams.
- Technical knowledge of products purchased and power plant familiarity.